I've always loved the idea of summer camp. There was something about the way such a large group of people could come together and just exist that really appealed to me. Of course the kids get to learn new things, but the important part to me always seemed to be making memories and having fun. Plain and simple.
Because of this, I've always wanted to work at a summer camp. I understood that camp was for the kids, but if I could help children have the summer I'd always imagined, then I couldn't think of a better job. The only thing that made me reconsider this was that I couldn't even contemplate spending an entire summer without circus equipment, though then I realised I could combine the two!
I'm spending my summer as a circus and general counsellor at a camp in Pennsylvania. And I can't wait. I've never been there before, but I've already realised something about it. Camp is for the kids, but it's also for the staff. The people I'll be working with are unbelievably friendly and welcoming. I've even met a girl who's just as obsessed with circus as I am! I'm going to spend the summer with people who are innately passionate about what they do and about the camp they work at. And I literally can't wait!
Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment