Monday, 7 October 2013

A Sort-Of-Mid-Life Crisis

I'm having a sort-of-mid-life crisis again. And I say again because these happen every time I get too settled. I sort everything through and then I go for it. And then I'm doing it and it's not quite what I want it to be.

The problem is that every time I do this, I end up with a plan that's just a little bit more out of the box then the one I've just put into action. It's usually just a streach further then most people would normally reach, but it is just a streach so it's still socially acceptable. Or at least it was.

I've found myself at a crossroads in this sort-of-mid-life crisis. I've streached about as far as I can from the norm without people noticing too much. This time if I want to take a step closer to where I might want to end up, people are going to notice. And I doubt they'll like it.

So this time I don't know what I'm going to do. But I'm going to do something, because I'm feeling far too settled at the moment!

Over and out.

4 comments:

  1. I wish you luck Ren! I hope that you can figure out how to get "un-settled"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a tired point, but letting people's opinions get you down will keep you farther from happiness. Just take that step. It's rare people can do something extraordinary without breaking away from the crowd. It may take awhile to take this big step. Take as much time as you need. But always remember there are people who are here to support you. Just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and figure out how you'll take that step. Best of luck girlie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true, thank you for the advice! I'll figure something out but I have a while until I actually have to make a decision so I'll keep thinking :)

      Delete