Monday, 1 July 2013

LifeScouts


Some of you may have heard of this, some of you may not. Either way, I think it’s brilliant. Alex Day has come up with this idea where people get to reblog badges for doing things. As they do, they share their story. It’s a massive collection of people’s life experiences, and I think it’s awesome.

I have always enjoyed trying anything. I am the friend who suggests spontaneously taking a train to a random place and just seeing what’s there, or the girl who thinks bungee jumping is the best idea ever. To be quite frank, most people won’t care that I spontaneously turned up in Abergavenny for the day and went to the zoo, but lifescouts does. In that one imaginary trip I could have got both the zoo badge and the (non-existent) train badge. And people would care! It’s a place where people want to know about all these weird things I’ve done.

It’s also great for people who don’t normally go out and do things because there’s the incentive of gaining another badge if they do. Alex himself said he booked a skydive so he could get the parachuting badge. It brings out the best in people. It makes us want to try stuff, just so we can say we have.

There’s even a pin badge store for those who want non-internet versions of their badges. They’re absolutely stunning enamel pins and, if I weren’t a poor student, I would have all 63 of the badges I’ve earned on a sash on my wall. That’s the only thing I’d like to see that hasn’t appeared- I’d love a massive sash and the option to get fabric badges so I can sew them on like I did when I was younger. Maybe one day!

So anyway, if you haven’t heard of Lifescouts, check it out. I’ll leave a link below. If you want to see how I’m doing (or just follow my tumblr!) I’ll leave a link for that too. My stories are mostly coherent, though some are much shorter then others! I also haven’t had time to reblog some of the things I’ve done more recently so there aren’t quite 63 up there yet.

If you have been reblogging these yourself then please tell me- I’d love to hear some of your stories.

Over and out!


No comments:

Post a Comment