Despite the fact that my blog name is based
around my immensely great height, I rarely write about it in post form. It
comes up a lot more in real life and while most things are amusing, there is
one thing that annoys me. That’s people saying that tall girls shouldn’t wear
heels.
I understand that there are some people who
don’t want to stand out from a crowd, so being tall is bad enough on its own
without the added four to six inches from a pair of shoes! Though if you’re ok
with being a bit leggier then most of your friends, I say wearing heels is
awesome.
The chief problem circulating is the
apparent rumour that guys don’t like it. This is just crazy. If they don’t want
to go out with a girl who’s taller than them, you probably shouldn’t go out
with them anyway. Even when you take those heels off, you’re not going to be
more then a couple of inches shorter and I’ve found that inbuilt insecurity in
guys pretty hard to shake off! I’ve found it’s a great way to get some guys off
the ‘potential partner’ list, which is obviously an added plus!
My main point pro tall girls and heels is,
quite simply, that they look good. Our legs look pretty endless anyway but with
heels, they’re suddenly one of the best looking pairs of legs in the room! Get
your posture right, hold your head high and don’t mind the people watching. If
you can walk in them and you’re happy with your height, heels are an asset to
every girl.
Over and out!
PS: I swear the blog about how I decorated
my cupboard is coming at some point in the future!
Oh my goodness, I loved this post to no ends! I'm almost six feet tall and I am at least several inches taller than most of my friends. But I absolutely LOVE wearing heals! I totally agree with you though. If a man doesn't like the fact that you're taller than him, it's not worth it to date them. Looking forward to future posts :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad someone agrees! Most people look at me like I'm mildly insane when I tell them...
DeleteI totally agree with this! I'm 5'8" and I used to be so afraid of standing out from a crowd. Honestly now that I've gained some self confidence I LOVE rocking heels :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Tall people unite!
Delete