It has recently occurred to me that if I
want a job that requires a set of sixth form exams (which I’m not entirely sure
I do), then these next few weeks are probably the most important of my life so
far. Which is scary.
I won’t lie- these past few weeks have been
the most productive of my entire life. I have literally never done so much
work, and don’t plan to ever again! Though I’ve also done so much more of
everything else. I now have the beginnings of a body fit for summer from
exercising, I can rollerskate without falling flat on my face, and my guitar
playing has progressed in leaps and bounds! Though none of that is going to
help me pass my exams.
Despite this, I don’t think my dedication
to things other then revision is bad. While many of my friends are about to
collapse from exam pressure, when I feel like I’m going to be crushed under a
mountain of maths equations I pull out some juggling clubs. I put energy into
things that take my mind wholly off work and exams and allow me to concentrate
on something else. My hobbies are escapes, and I think that’s something more
people would benefit from discovering.
I’m not trying to say that people should
just stop revising and take up the ukulele, because revision is pretty vital
for anyone who’s been offered a conditional university place! I just think it’s
important to have a thing or two that can help you forget about it, even if
it’s just for an hour a day.
Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment