Thursday, 2 May 2013

The Funny Things


I’ve always had trouble writing diaries. No matter how I started them and no matter how determined I was to finish them I never managed to write one for longer than a month.

I tried using them for rants and got annoyed as I couldn’t write as fast as I thought. I tried using them to say what happened each day but got bored and gave up. I even tried writing in point form on my computer but got sick of it because I didn’t enjoy writing the entries. But I have now found a way I can capture each day of my life, and it’s a way I’ve stuck at for longer then ever before.

Since mid-way through January, I have been filling a little green journal with funny things that happened each day. It’s usually not something of huge importance or even something that matters remotely in my life at all, but it gives me great pleasure to know I’ll never forget that I broke 13 saw blades within two and a half weeks of lessons at school.

I have also become acutely aware of how much my life resembles a comedy show or, more specifically, the life of a clumsy teenage Miranda Hart. It must be an all girls school thing! Whatever it is, it’s something I’ll enjoy reading about in several years time.

It’s not conventional diary writing, but it works. I actively don’t put in how awesome I felt when I got my Gold DofE or how annoying I found a certain person at the time of writing. When I’m older I’m not going to want to remember hating people in school for petty reasons and all the good moments I should remember anyway, if they’re important enough. It’s a collection of all the funny, stupid things that happen to me in my very normal life.

I know I’ll treasure it when I look back on it as it contains the little things I might forget. Now I know they’ll always be remembered!

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment