I haven't posted in a while, so I'm sorry about that. I haven't really even been on the internet that much. Why is that? Because life is good.
That's not really an excuse, I know. It's just that I didn't want to write post after post about how so many little things are making me really happy. Instead here I am, writing one.
Life is good because I have a job, and I find it interesting and it's not so tiring that it's all I do.
Life is good because I can visit my friends at uni, no matter where they are in the country.
Life is good because I have friends with me in London and I know some are staying for the whole year.
Life is good because my scales are improving and I like practicing the trombone.
Life is good because my brothers are happy.
Life is good because I might get to see a friend I haven't seen in three years in February.
Life is good because I'm actually learning songs on the ukulele.
Life is good because my first circus class is on Tuesday.
Life is good because I'm meeting new people.
Life is good because, although some of my friends live on the opposite side of the world, I'll probably see them next summer.
Life is good because I'm exploring the place I live in.
Life is good because I don't have the finer details sorted, I'm just going to let them happen.
Life is good because I'm happy.
Most importantly, life is good because that's how I want it to be. It's not perfect, but it's good. And a lot of little bits of good is all you need.
Over and out.
I'm so glad things are going well for you, Ren. Here's to a great year <3
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Adding to your toast, here's to the little good things in life :)
DeleteI like the way you ended this post. The way you said life is good because that's how you want it to be...that really touched me. I've been so focused on the bad things that have happened lately, that I've been feeling really gross. I'm so happy that life is good for you, Ren. I enjoy your posts immensely, and I'm interested to see what you have in store for us next!
ReplyDeletePS. I made my blog private, so I'm going to send you an invitation soon!
Thank you! When I was nearing the end of it I wanted to say something that showed that there are things that aren't going so well in my life, but the pile of little good things outweighs the bad. I hope things pick up for you! And I would love an invitation to your blog- I've been missing your posts lots!
Delete